Ariens and Toro suck!

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i think im done dealing with Ariens and Toros and their damn parts network [what a joke]....and Ariens own version of things that have worked years that they just have to go and over complicate something simple....when i see one of these damn things ...im charging double or sending right back out the door!....anybody else fed up with these guys?:mad:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
i think im done dealing with Ariens and Toros and their damn parts network [what a joke]....and Ariens own version of things that have worked years that they just have to go and over complicate something simple....when i see one of these damn things ...im charging double or sending right back out the door!....anybody else fed up with these guys?:mad:

What are you ranting about, anyway? The mechanical relaibility of said machines, or the parts availability? Or both?

And may I suggest you watch your language, remember how I used "HTF" on a thread and a bunch of cretins got all bent out of shape....??? YEAH RIGHT.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
mainly the parts issues...but ive run into some damn stupid design flaws on the Ariens......DID I SAY A NAUGHTY WORD? :eek:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
mainly the parts issues...but ive run into some damn stupid design flaws on the Ariens......DID I SAY A NAUGHTY WORD? :eek:

Design flaws are always part of any mechanically complex device...no matter how carefully they are engineered and built, someone is going to be unhappy with the way it is done.

Here are two of them I can name:

My '92 Olds 98 waterpump went bad, and to remove two of the bolts holding it on, you have to remove a motor mount and either jack the engine up of use a hoist.

My '93 Cutlass with the 3.4 V6, to replace the alternator requires removing the exhaust system, part of the front suspension, and raising the engine slightly. DUHHHH !!!! The same car with 3.1 V6 requires you to remove and replace two bolts for the same job.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
its not worth my time anymore..if i have to get customers mowers done in time i cant be dinking around with these things.....ive found out most of the repair places around here avoid them too...no wonder im getting flooded with the damn things!:confused2:

Mower manic

Threads
Good post reddragon, that's information we all can use.
How old are these mowers you are working on?

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
they're all in the 2000's....the thing is.....it doesnt have to be like this......they could stop being jerks and do it the right way.....after all...customers buy they're products