john deere lt155 not pulling gas from fuel tank new pump, filter, and hoses

ricky1863

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / john deere lt155 not pulling gas from fuel tank new pump, filter, and hoses
as from the title i cannot get it to pull fuel from tank i replaced pump, fuel lines, fuel filter and grommet to feed pipe not sure what the problem is

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Giving us all the numbers on the engine would help us alot. We don’t know if you have a B&S, KOHLER, BIG BLOCK CHEVY, SUBARU, SACHS OR TECUMSEH.

ricky1863

Forum Newbie
Threads
sorry it is a kohler engine

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, but that was only half of what I asked for. Don’t know if it is a Courage, Command, KSeries Magmun, or Confident. Please post all numbers on the engine.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
as from the title i cannot get it to pull fuel from tank i replaced pump, fuel lines, fuel filter and grommet to feed pipe not sure what the problem is

This is a tank behind/under seat?

Take off fuel line at fuel pump and put in cup/pail

Take air hose and gently blow air into gas filler hole, using hand and rag to seal opening

Gas should start flowing out hose...filling the line.

Hook up and ready to go.

ricky1863

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have did that numerous times still not pulling fuel

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
i have did that numerous times still not pulling fuel

What about the suction line that goes to the crankcase?
Some have a sharp bend...takes a special tube to not collapse inside.
Is that good/working to operate the diaphragm pump?

ricky1863

Forum Newbie
Threads
the sharp bends are metal lines that are clear could there be a problem in the pickup tube

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
the sharp bends are metal lines that are clear could there be a problem in the pickup tube

Pickup tube...inside tank?

One idea put out here is...take a push mower gas tank...tape it to a board and put it above (southern engineering_ your fuel pump and let it gravity feed into fuel pump and see if it works.
You have to eliminate different areas of your fuel system.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just so we are sure .
When you take the line to the carb off the carb & crank the engine, nothing comes out of the pipe, is that correct ?

Secondly the fuel pump has a check valve in it so it is directionally sensitive .
Input & output are on the sides , impulse line is on the top.
The in tube is the one closest to the impulse line and the out tube is the one furthest away.
Some times that means crossing the fuel lines over.

Put your thumb over the impulse line and crank the engine.
it should be able to feel a strong push against your thumb.

Fuel filters can create an air lock because the outlet tube is 1/2 way down the filter, not right at the end.