Hustler Grass Cutting Problem

Rageous

Forum Newbie
Threads
:eek: The Hustler I have is an awesome machine except it cuts grass very poorly.
The 70 inch deck has 3 blades and when you make a pass you have the grass still standing between the center and outside blades. 2 strips of uncut grass on each pass. :thumbdown: This is not expectable for what is otherwise a great machine. It has done this since it was new, I had it serviced with new blades and still does the 2 strips of standing grass. :confused2: Are the blades to short, misaligned, is this happening to anyone else.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rageous

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello
I was hoping to get a little help with this grass/mower/wth, issue.

Lawnman50r

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are several reasons that would cause the condition that you are describing, blades not being sharp or the RPM's of the engine could be to low.

Rageous

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Lawnman50r
I guess the blades could be dull but I mow at max throttle.

Lawnman50r

Forum Newbie
Threads
Even with your throttle all the way forward your engine may not be at full RPM's and I have engines drop 200 RPM and the mower does not cut right. What dealer did you buy the mower from?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check your blade length ... turn them to where the tips are about to touch each other... What is the gap between them??
They should just clear if there is any "Gap" that will be the space not mowed.
Another way to measure for needed blade length is to measure from spindle to spindle, center to center... and compare that measurement with the blades you are using... You want your blades as close as possible without touching.
ARE you sure you have a 70 inch deck?....
I think that machine is only available with a 60 OR 72 inch deck... :smile:KennyV

Lawnman50r

Forum Newbie
Threads
side discharge 798702 BLADE, F24.50"-H-F-CW X X
mulching 798710 BLADE, 24.50"-MUL-F-CW X
Gator 798728 BLADE, 24.50"-GAT-F-CW

Here are the 3 choices of blades for your machine the part #'s are in red and these #'s should be stamped on the under side of the blades you have. if one of these #'s is not stamped in your blade i would assume you have the wrong blades. you will also notice the length of your blade should be 24.5"

Rageous

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawnman50r and KennyV
Thanks for all the information I will be checking the blades.
Much appreciated
Mike