Gas leak

DNHerring

Threads
I have a Toro self-propelled mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. After my last cutting, I noticed that gas was dripping out if the air filter compartment. Is this a gas leak from a cracked tank or something else?

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
often..its the primer bulb or fuel line......can you give us all your numbers?....and maybe some pictures:wink:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a Toro self-propelled mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. After my last cutting, I noticed that gas was dripping out if the air filter compartment. Is this a gas leak from a cracked tank or something else?

WELCOME to LMF...

Definitely something else...

It is most likely the float is stuck in the float bowel... or as reddeagon suggested...
:smile:KennyV

DNHerring

Threads
reddragon - Not sure exactly what kind of numbers or pictures you are wanting, but here's a side view of the mower. Left side is the gas tank. Right side is the air filter compartment (hangs a little lower than the tank). The leak comes out on the lower left corner of the air filter compartment.

Unlikely that it is a primer bulb issue. This engine is one that doesn't need to be primed or choked, so there is no bulb. How would I check the fuel lines to see if they are the issue?

KennyV - How would I diagnose the float bowel issue? I can do basic tune up type repairs, but I am basically a novice on how to repair engines.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i mean the model/serial numbers of both the mower and engine....your post has no pictures....try again please............im in the dark until you give me some more info:smile:

DNHerring

Threads
i mean the model/serial numbers of both the mower and engine....your post has no pictures....try again please............im in the dark until you give me some more info:smile:

My bad. I'm notoriously bad at forgetting to attach pictures. Lets try again. :smile:

Mower is a Toro, can't seem to locate the model #. Engine is a Briggs and Stratton, model #124T02-0203B1.

Attachments

• Lawn Mower 001.JPG
    Lawn Mower 001.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 18

DNHerring

Threads

Attachments

• Mower 004.JPG
    Mower 004.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Mower 005.JPG
    Mower 005.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 14

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The float is either stuck... & not 'floating' on the fuel in the bowel ... OR the needle valve that the float closes is leaking... I'll find a youtube on how to check/repair this... :smile:KennyV