Karcher pressure washer w/ Honda motor

woodfar

Threads
I have a Honda OHV CG160 5.0 hp. Never had a Honda before so some things on this motor are strange to me. First it seems to have a fuel pump and a timing belt, these being new to me. My employer gave this to me because he couldn't get it to start. Brought it home and went through all the normal trouble shooting that I know, replaced plug checked for spark and fuel and still will not start. Will not start with starter fluid. Where do I go from here. What to check next. How to check fuel pump. Thanks ahead for any help. With no job and very little money I am having to learn how to fix my own stuff. It's not like working on my cars.:confused2:

woodfar

Threads
Where are all the Honda guys. I posted here 2 weeks ago and have had no responses.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
yes it has a fuel pump and an internal timing belt. the most problems I see with people leaving fuel in them and then it gums up the carb. Do you have compression and does it have a good spark. the fuel takes a few pulls to make it through the fuel pump into the carb before they will start. it should start with starting fluid if you have good compression and good spark even just temporarily. If you do indeed find that you have to work on the carb the complete carb is cheaper than the parts to repair it.