Spider Invasion

BlueGrass

Threads
I HATE spiders and I do believe they hunt me down every year. What can I put down to eliminate the problem so I can go back to gardening in peace? I don't want my kids to think I'm crazy when I get off my hands and knees screaming that a spider is on me :laughing:.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Spiders eat other bugs... so get rid of the other bugs... you get rid of the spiders.... OR get rid of some of the other bugs and you'll get rid of some of the spiders. You are after all outside where they live.:biggrin::biggrin:.. KennyV

BlueGrass

Threads
True KennyV but I still don't like them especially when they make it inside! That's the worst feeling ever feeling trapped by a spider in your own home LOL. I'll have to try and find a way to get rid of the bugs then.

monica123

Threads
Spiders don't really bother me, most bugs don't. I am however petrified of both snakes and rats. I completely freeze when I see one and start panicking.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
I've found that Ortho Home Defense MAX works splendidly and you need to apply it only about twice a year. It even works on my northern property, which is quite near Lake Huron, so naturally, we have far too many spiders. Only problem with it is that it supposedly doesn't work for Black Widow and Brown Recluse spiders, go figure. Absolutely the two you want to always kill. At any rate, it has cut down on the spider population at both my houses, immensely. I buy it by the jug. I also suggest Riddex plug-ins, as they also work at cutting down the numbers. Both products together form a great 1-2 punch.