Welcome to "Fixin to Fix it"

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Please post your lawn mower and small engine repair questions in this area. :D

cottom

Threads
I've been around tractors of some sort most of my life. Since there was little profit in farming I went to college, got my training, and was hired at one the nation's premier Engineering, Science and Mathematics Colleges as a Technician. All was well, 12 more years to retirement when the big "C" slapped me upside my head. Non-small cell carcinoma with mitosis to the larynx and brain. Prognosis was (without treatment) death in two months, with aggressive treatment and no quality of life, maybe six months. Today, by the love and grace of God I am alive and cancer free! When Jesus says you are healed He meant HEALED.
Just prior to that I had purchased a complete "basket case" Cub Cadet 124, in baskets, shopping carts, wooden boxes. I have been not really restoring it, but just creating a nice looking, powerful play tractor for the last seven years.
The frame and body has been stripped in a hot tank and professionally re-painted. I traded for some new white wheels, bought new tires, rebuilt the trans-axle and clutch. The engine was torn completely apart, a Kohler 241, 10 HP. I've had everything tanked, bored the cylinder .030 oversize, removed .010 from the deck, and .050 from the cylinder head. I have access to use a small engine dyno at the college I retired from, and am looking forward to the results. Mathematically it should be around 18.3 HP now. Eight years, and I'm getting around to Fixin It!

Ifixdit

Threads
Cottom,

Glad to here you are cancer free! Would love to see some pics if you get an opportunity. Live Strong!!

173abn

Threads
cottom,good for you.I'm retired from the V.A. and have seen my share of death from all sorts of illness incl. cancer.You sir are blessed.Sounds like a heck of a project,I would love to have your knowledge. russ