Walker or what?

geggle

Threads
I'm thinking of getting a walker mower MT. But the price is a real turnoff. I definitely need a zero turn with NO side discharge. And I bag all the time. Are there any other mowers that might fit the bill, and not break the bank?

173abn

Threads
I'm thinking of getting a walker mower MT. But the price is a real turnoff. I definitely need a zero turn with NO side discharge. And I bag all the time. Are there any other mowers that might fit the bill, and not break the bank?

I too looked at walkers and they are pricey and from the reasearch I did you have to have an almost perfect lawn which I don't.I was going to buy new but I found a very nice used 928d grasshopper on craigs list.The Kubota diesel handles any thing I got and the front mount deck [61"] follows the countours with no scalping what so ever.I cut 2 acres in half the time I did with my Yanmar and finish mower.as a matter of fact I like it so much I hate to finish.The price of this machine was $5000.00 .there are a lot of good used units of different makes out there,you just gotta do your homework. hope this helps russ

linehand

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a 48" Walker in 2001 and it is flawless . I do my own service work and it is extremely well built. I have about 350 hours on it now & mow 1 1/2 acres at least once a week. The thing that sold me initially was the way the mowing deck tips up for cleaning and changing blades, so easy. They may cost a little more but you'll enjoy every time you use it. Best looking mow job in the neighborhood. Take a look before you buy. Hope this helps

Fritzy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a 1 yr old used Walker 3 yrs ago, it's the smallest they build 13hp. My boys (4) and I have been cutting grass for 12 yrs or so and he have gone from push mowers to John Deer riders to Walker. By far Walker is the way to go, we don't even use the push mowers any more and now that the baby can drive I don't even get to help.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Walker and other commercial mowers are built to LAST... they are not cheaply assembled, you will find they are very serviceable... They are not going to be throw away mowers.

A good used commercial will out last MANY consumer grade mowers...
AND they are always going to be a pleasure to operate... :smile:KennyV

Justlawns

Threads
They're great mowers do an amazing cutting job but the kohler engines tend to blow up at 2000 hours so be careful when buying a used one

FootHills Landscape

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi,
I currently run 7 walkers. some GHS and some mulching. I would not run another machine. some of my walkers i bought new and some i bought used. most of the used units run anywhere from $2000 - $5500. i would highly suggest walkers. they make a lawn in any shape look great. i also mow some tall thick native grass with some of my units and they handle it great. i however dont handle the huge bumps so nice:wink:. i would recomend nothing but the walkers. hope this helped.