Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: z-beast

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1
    Location
    South Carolina
    Mower
    Looking to Buy :)

    z-beast

    Has anyone ever tried this mower? Zero turn that sells at home depo. It has a subaru engine on it. Just never heard of them. But the price is fair and the mower looks pretty tuff.

  2.  

  3. #2

    2,500 Post Club
    JDgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,887
    Location
    Michigan
    Mower
    Too many, running or not

    Re: z-beast

    SUBARU ENGINE??? This I gotta see for myself...gonna go check HD.com rite now !!!!

    Hope you didn't make a typo...did anybody ever hear the joke about the motocross race announcer who kept raving non stop about the "Kowalski" motorcycles that were leading the race....
    "I didn't plan to do anything today, but by noon I was almost half done...."

  4. #3


    2,500 Post Club
    Ric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,288
    Location
    Florida
    Mower
    Toro Grandstand 36", Toro Z-Master 2000 48" Toro TurfMaster 30"

    Re: z-beast

    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Has anyone ever tried this mower? Zero turn that sells at home depo. It has a subaru engine on it. Just never heard of them. But the price is fair and the mower looks pretty tuff.
    I seen the mowers at Home Depot, they also can be purchased with the Kawasaki 31 hp and I'm not sure but isn't the beast made by DEK or somethin. They do look like a tuff mower. It's no typo the one I looked at had the Subaru Engine.


    G & G Lawn Care
    Mowers: Toro Z Master 48" Toro Grandstand 36" Toro Turf-Master 30"
    Blowers: Stihl BR 600 BR 600 & BR 200 Trimmers: Stihl FS 110 FS 90
    Edgers: Stihl FC 90&75 Echo BRD 280 Pole & Chain Saw: Stihl HT 75 MS 181 Hedge Trimmer: Stihl HL 45 HS 45


    Visit The Lawn & Landscape Forum @ http://lawncare.forumsmotion.com/forum





  5. #4

    2,500 Post Club
    JDgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,887
    Location
    Michigan
    Mower
    Too many, running or not

    Re: z-beast

    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Has anyone ever tried this mower? Zero turn that sells at home depo. It has a subaru engine on it. Just never heard of them. But the price is fair and the mower looks pretty tuff.
    My BLackberry got a hit that said it's the Beast Z, a 54 inch cut, 653cc, 22 hp (yes, it's a Subaru engine) 7-gage deck (that is HEAVY DUTY) I like the color, medium orange..has 3 customer reviews online all gave it 5 stars out of 5 possible. Can't find a price though. What is weird is I got a hit on LMF for the same mower, last post was November 12, 2010...gotta look that up here.
    "I didn't plan to do anything today, but by noon I was almost half done...."

  6. #5


    2,500 Post Club
    Ric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,288
    Location
    Florida
    Mower
    Toro Grandstand 36", Toro Z-Master 2000 48" Toro TurfMaster 30"

    Re: z-beast

    Quote Originally Posted by JDgreen View Post
    My BLackberry got a hit that said it's the Beast Z, a 54 inch cut, 653cc, 22 hp (yes, it's a Subaru engine) 7-gage deck (that is HEAVY DUTY) I like the color, medium orange..has 3 customer reviews online all gave it 5 stars out of 5 possible. Can't find a price though. What is weird is I got a hit on LMF for the same mower, last post was November 12, 2010...gotta look that up here.
    At the Home Depot here the 54 is running $3799 which isn't a bad price. The 62 with the 31hp Kawasaki is priced at $4999


    G & G Lawn Care
    Mowers: Toro Z Master 48" Toro Grandstand 36" Toro Turf-Master 30"
    Blowers: Stihl BR 600 BR 600 & BR 200 Trimmers: Stihl FS 110 FS 90
    Edgers: Stihl FC 90&75 Echo BRD 280 Pole & Chain Saw: Stihl HT 75 MS 181 Hedge Trimmer: Stihl HL 45 HS 45


    Visit The Lawn & Landscape Forum @ http://lawncare.forumsmotion.com/forum





  7. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22
    Location
    Connecticut
    Mower
    John Deere

    Re: z-beast

    In my opinion if you're going to spend that much money than you should buy a real commercial mower with 18,000 fpm tip speed. Not the governed by law home owner max off 12,000 fpm. Now you'll have a mower that will last you your lifetime and give you the best possible cut ever in half the time. Just sayin'

  8. #7


    2,500 Post Club
    Ric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,288
    Location
    Florida
    Mower
    Toro Grandstand 36", Toro Z-Master 2000 48" Toro TurfMaster 30"

    Re: z-beast

    Quote Originally Posted by KeithAlbert View Post
    In my opinion if you're going to spend that much money than you should buy a real commercial mower with 18,000 fpm tip speed. Not the governed by law home owner max off 12,000 fpm. Now you'll have a mower that will last you your lifetime and give you the best possible cut ever in half the time. Just sayin'
    The Z- Beast is a commercial mower and I think if you do a little research you'll find the 54 in Zero turn commercial mower has a 18,950 fpm blade tip speed @ 3600 rpm engine speed. The major concern about the Beast is where to have the mower fixed if something does go wrong. Parts availability?


    G & G Lawn Care
    Mowers: Toro Z Master 48" Toro Grandstand 36" Toro Turf-Master 30"
    Blowers: Stihl BR 600 BR 600 & BR 200 Trimmers: Stihl FS 110 FS 90
    Edgers: Stihl FC 90&75 Echo BRD 280 Pole & Chain Saw: Stihl HT 75 MS 181 Hedge Trimmer: Stihl HL 45 HS 45


    Visit The Lawn & Landscape Forum @ http://lawncare.forumsmotion.com/forum





  9. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27
    Location
    Tennessee
    Mower
    John Deere

    Re: z-beast

    QXI Outdoor power makes it, they also sell it as a Stanley Brand at Sears and Northern Tool and DEK at other hardware stores. In my area there is one local warranty repair (general warranty) but there are over a dozed within 25 miles for the Subaru/robin engine. Gravely makes comparable model the ZT XL with a Kawasaki engine (24 HP) for a couple of hundred less (depending on the dealer), no roll bar, 10 ga deck, smaller caster wheels etc. but Gravely has a list of accessories for it. Currently there are no accessories for the Z-beast (ie bagger). If you are going to mow and mow rural lawns the larger caster wheels, rollbar and heaver deck are well worth the $200.

    From what I have seen mowers with the features of the Z-beast/Stanley are all about a couple of thousand more. Just wish the QXI zero turns had been on the market longer. I have still not seen a post on a forum from an actual owner.

  10. #9
    CajunCub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    182
    Location
    Louisiana
    Mower
    LTX1046 Hydro

    Re: z-beast

    Subaru is the company that manufactured the Wisconsin Robin engines (10 to 40HP, singles & V-Twins), They have been making engines for years & did put the Subaru name on some of them. They were mainly made for commercial equipment. I really have not seen many problems with them when we had a few in our rental equipment. I had seen a few in the mowers.

  11. #10

    1,000 Post Club
    twall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,628
    Location
    New York
    Mower
    Snapper SR1433

    Re: z-beast

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCub View Post
    Subaru is the company that manufactured the Wisconsin Robin engines (10 to 40HP, singles & V-Twins), They have been making engines for years & did put the Subaru name on some of them. They were mainly made for commercial equipment. I really have not seen many problems with them when we had a few in our rental equipment. I had seen a few in the mowers.
    If you'll look at the videos in the Jacobsen forum (several videos are posted there - thanks, Two-Stroke), the most normal-looking one has a two-stroke Robin.....made by Subaru.

Similar Threads

  1. BEAST Zero Turn Mower
    By ztman in forum Mower & Equipment Operation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 06:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •